ASDF Research assisted the Australian Horse Industry Council (AHIC) with designing, online hosting and analysing a survey of those involved in the horse industry. Over 3,000 responses were recorded nationally, through intercept surveys at 2014 Equitana, email invites through a number of enewsletters, and distribution on facebook.
For this project, ASDF Research:
- Fine-tuned the survey script;
- Designed a paper version of the survey to be used by intercept interviewers;
- Programmed the survey for online using Limesurvey;
- Provided a data entry link so that volunteers could enter the paper forms directly into the online data file;
- Exported the data into Excel and SPSS, and cleaned the data file;
- Coded verbatim comments for 1,500 written answers across 6 questions;
- Produced a 30 page analysis report in Word; and
- Presented the findings at the AHIC board meeting.
Copies of the findings can be purchased through AHIC.